NFF/NFL Coaching Academy
The most important element in providing a positive football experience for
a young person is the coach. Ensuring that the adults, who interact with our
youngsters, have a solid and healthy perspective on how to maximize a player's
development both on and off the field is critical.
That's why The National Football League and National Football Foundation have
teamed up to create the NFL/NFF
Coaching Academy, which is designed to further educate youth and high school coaches in not only the areas of football skills and strategy but the game's character building and social benefits.
The mission of the NFL/NFF Coaching Academy is to elevate the quality of coaching
at the youth and high school levels across America. The mission is reflected
best in the programs guiding motto: "Developing winners in football and
in life." By improving the quality of coaching, a significant contribution
is made to the positive development of America's youth while the great game
of football is advanced.
Over 10,000 coaches attend more than 50 NFL/NFF Coaching Academies that
take place each year in selected cities and countries. Each academy consists
of one- or two-day clinics combining lectures with on-field demonstrations
of technique and practice components.
Created by a nationally recognized team of coaches, educators, sports psychologists
and medical experts, the curriculum includes six essential areas needed to properly
train coaches to effectively teach the game while running a safe and successful
program in a positive learning environment.
- Coaching philosophy
- Offensive, defensive and special teams skills and strategies
- Coach-player communication and effective feedback
- Life skills development - teaching players to succeed in football
- Player health, safety and nutrition
- Program and team management
- Promote increased participation through better coaching
- Enhance football skill and strategy competencies of coaches
- Teach coaches how to make the game an enjoyable experience for players
- Maximize the physical and psychological health and safety of participants
- Help unify the football coaching community
- Create the awareness and motivation for continued education
What Participants Receive
- Coach's Playbook, a 511-page resource designed as a post-clinic reference
with detailed information on all areas covered during the clinic
- Interactive CD-ROM with graphic illustrations of skills and drills
that can be used as a resource for the coach or as a teaching tool
- Official NFL/NFF Coaching Academy tee shirt
- Official certificate verifying
completion of the program
Want to Know More?
If you'd like to know more about the Coaching Academy,
contact Dee Hawkes at (425) 485-5665 or by email.
For additional information,